The Self-Publishing Show Live: Tips
LJ Rose is a superstar author who as sold more than 4 million copies of her romance and crime books. She talked about her journey and provided some very simple yet salient tips:
- She is very much an advocate for simple things when it comes to making and everything else comes on top of that.
- When it comes to reviews remember that authors generally are more outspoken and will love or hate it. But it’s the silent majority that are your audience.
- She always tries to keep in mind that even if she didn’t get a lot of sales it was creatively enriching her life.
- Everyone’s journey is different but there are lessons you can learn and apply.
- There is no competition between authors. Make friends with authors who write like you
- It doesn’t signal weakness to go back and correct your earlier work